- 4 chicken breasts or quarters – rinsed
- 1 cup of ‘Hawaiian Relish’ (see recipe below)
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. In a blender, puree the cup of hawaiian relish with the pineapple juice, salt and pepper. Place your chicken in a gallon plastic bag and marinade in the fridge for 20 minutes. When done remove chicken and place in a greased ovenproof dish. You can place pineapple slices on top if you like.
Bake for 25 minutes or until the internal temperature is 165 degrees. Remove from oven and cool for 15 minutes. When ready to serve add the additional hawaiian relish (unpureed) to the top and enjoy! Serve hot or cold.
- 1/2 pineapple – cored, peeled and chopped to a large dice
- 2 large tomatoes – washed, seed and chopped to large dice (or 16 ounces of grape tomatoes – halved)
- 1 large shallot – peeled and chopped to small dice (or 1 stock green onion chopped finely) *save some for garnish
- 1/3 cup cilantro or curled parsley – chopped
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 jalapeno pepper – seeded and chopped finely (the amount is personal preference)
- 1 tsp salt and pepper to taste
In a bowl combine tomatoes, pineapple, shallot, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, and salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning to preference. Chill until ready to serve. May be served alone or on another dish. Store in the fridge.